FIFA Preferred Producer
FIFA, the world football’s governing body, want to develop football all around the world. The improvement of football equipment and in special pitches in good condition play a crucial role for this mission. The objective of the new FIFA Preferred Producer initiative for Football Turf, which went into effect in 2009, is to harmonize international standards for artificial turf football pitches and to protect the end user.
The key issues that this policy boils down to are the quality of the pitches, accurate information and communication regarding the specification of pitches, and clear test procedures and FIFA certification. All of this is achieved by means of a thorough installation process, a high-quality superstructure and substructure and the right maintenance program.
Edel Grass qualified as a FIFA Preferred Producer for Football Turf
FIFA grants licenses to artificial turf producers throughout the world. In this system, there are two different levels of licensees, 'standard license holders' and 'Preferred Producers'. Edel Grass is qualified as a Preferred Producer for Football Turf. This premium status will allow Edel Grass to continue to make its contribution to improving artificial turf quality into the future as well. Over the years, Edel Grass has demonstrated its expertise in civil engineering, project management and maintenance. FIFA deems this combination of criteria to be vital for successful implementation of and quality assurance for Football Turf projects throughout the world. Edel Grass also pursues this end and shares in the responsibility for quality assurance.
What makes a Preferred Producer so unique?
- The Preferred Producer is a reliable partner with a proven track record, taking full responsibility for the substructure, the maintenance and the product information and communication, thus vouching for the quality of the pitch.
- Pitch quality is actively monitored by FIFA.
- Additional information, support and advise can be requested by the field owner from FIFA.
- Innovation: FIFA Preferred Producers aim to improve the development of artificial turf in the football market by participating in a platform with FIFA in which we cooperate to improve the pitch quality and develop new system new solutions.
- FIFA exclusively gives its international tenders to the Preferred Producers.